Here are some basic tips for owning your first wood pellet stove.
- Always begin by reading the owner’s manual that came with the stove. Every brand is slightly different and therefore may have different maintenance tips.
- If you are having a problem lighting the wood pellet stove, there are a few things to consider:
- Is the exhaust clear of all build-up?
- When was the last time the stove received professional maintenance?
- Could it be the wood pellets?
- Always plug your wood pellet stove into a surge protector, not directly into an outlet. Make sure to use a surge protector, not a power strip.
- If you want high-quality results, do not use low-quality pellets. Low-quality pellets will produce more ash, and burn for a shorter period of time, compared to high-quality pellets.
A properly maintained wood pellets stove, running on high-quality wood pellets, will warm your home for years to come.